Ah, summer vacation! If you’re like buggy scout Ladybug, you’ll agree it’s the perfect time to head for the great outdoors for some fresh air, beautiful scenery, and the adventures of a lifetime. Ladybug is still determined to earn her wilderness survival badge. For this month’s contest, she would love to be inspired by your best art of an adventure in the wilderness.
Will your art take you on a hike through the mountains or a canoe ride down a roaring river? Perhaps your drawing will capture the excitement of visiting one of our national parks, as Sean and Christina did in “Natural Instincts.” (Beware of bears! And lions!) There are national parks in deserts, in rain forests—even in volcanic craters and coral reefs under the sea. Will you focus on the wildlife you see? On a beautiful scenic panorama? Or maybe you will highlight the activities you enjoy outdoors with your family and friends, such as swimming in a mountain lake or camping beneath the stars.
Whatever your wildest dreams, the entire troop of buggy scouts will be camping around the Cricket Country mailbox, waiting for Ladybug to start a fire by rubbing two sticks together so everybuggy can enjoy toasted marshmallows along with your best drawing of a wilderness adventure. S’more s’mores?
1. Your contest entry must be your very own original work. Ideas and words should not be copied.
2. Your entry must be signed by your parent or guardian, stating that it is your own work, that no help was given, and that Cricket has permission to publish it in the magazine and on our website.
3. Be sure to include your name, age, and full address on your entry.
4. Only one entry per person, please.
5. If you want your work returned, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for each entry.
6. Your entry must be received by July 25, 2015.
7. Send entries to Cricket League, P.O. Box 300, Peru, IL 61354. (No faxes or email submissions, please!)
8. We will publish winning entries in the November/December 2016 issue and on the Cricket website.