- February 2017
- January 2017
- November/December 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- July/August 2016
- May/June 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
Art Contest: Horses
Muffin loves horses, and when she saw this Cricket’s cover, she longed to saddle up a spirited cowpony and go thundering across the plains. Like Percy Plumb, she daydreams of owning her own horse. Even if that’s wishin’ for the impossible, for this month’s contests, she’s fixin’ to corral a whole herd of palominos, mustangs, Appaloosas, and Thoroughbreds, when you send her your best horse drawing.
Will you draw a Western horse, like cowboys rode, or a herd of wild mustangs running free? Perhaps your imagination will transport you to the days of medieval knights and their trusted chargers. Maybe you’ll be inspired by Old Cricket’s Horses’ Hall of Fame to draw a horse from mythology or history, or a horse you’ve seen in an equestrian statue. Or you might create a fantasy horse of your own imagining.
Whether you draw a working horse, a bucking bronco, a champion show jumper, a brightly painted carousel horse, or a pink pony with wings, everybuggy will be pulling on their boots and spurs and moseying over to the Cricket Country mailbox to lasso your best drawing or painting of a horse or horses. Wings away, Pegasus!
1. Your contest entry must be your very own original work. Ideas and words should not be copied.
2. Your entry must be signed by your parent or guardian, stating that it is your own work, that no help was given, and that Cricket has permission to publish it in the magazine and on our website.
3. Be sure to include your name, age, and full address on your entry.
4. Only one entry per person, please.
5. If you want your work returned, enclose a self-addressed, stamped envelope for each entry.
6. Your entry must be received by March 25, 2017.
7. Send entries to Cricket League, P.O. Box 300, Peru, IL 61354. (No faxes or email submissions, please!)
8. We will publish winning entries in the July/August 2017 issue and on the Cricket website.